Moving can be an incredibly stressful process, but with the use of this checklist you can minimize the unexpected problems that people commonly face.
- Sort Items Into Two Categories. What To Keep, and What To Trash Before The Move.
- Start to use up all food in the freezer.
- Donate Gently Used Items That You Won't Be Keeping, or Throw A Moving Sale
- Hire A Moving Company For The Big Day - And Make Sure They Are Licensed! (Our License Number is ILL C.C. 216214 M.C.)
- Make a note of any precious items that require special care to move.
- Backup your computer to a cloud storage system, or to an external hard drive you can easily carry with you.
- Make Sure You Have A Pet Sitter For The Day Of The Move, Or That Pets Can Be Safely Kenneled On The Day Of The Move
- Contact Utility Companies To Have Services Disconnected The Day After The Move, With New Services Starting The Day Prior At The New Home
- Clear Out The Freezer, Refridgerator, And Try To Use Any Canned Or Boxed Foods
- Visit USPS.gov or your local post office to officially change your address.
- Notify your bank, employer and friends and family of your new address.
- Confirm With Your Moving Company (Falcon Moving LLC Will Reach Out To You, If You've Hired Us For The Move)
- Request Time Off From Work. Trust Me, You'll Want To Take At Least 2 Days Off.
- Have Rugs, Furniture Covers, Shower Curtains, etc. Professionally Cleaned. They Will Be Easier To Move, and Perfectly Clean When unrolled at the new home.